Alabama’s College and Career Ready Standards:
- Were developed after conversations with businesses about what schools need to do in order to better prepare all students for success after high school.
- Give business leaders and educators a reason to collaborate in developing new programs to train students in skills sought by employers.
- Provide a strong foundation for Alabama’s future workforce, closing the gap between the skills employees have with those employers need.
- Expect more of students than the old standards, improving critical-thinking and problem-solving skills while instilling a higher level of confidence in their abilities.
- Make it easier on children, especially military kids, when they move – maintaining consistency in their education from state to state.